- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 4 scallions, washed and cut in 1/2
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar or Mexican brown sugar
- Original recipe calls for: 2 pounds inside skirt steak, cut into 3 equal pieces
- We use: 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3) In a large heavy duty Ziplock bag, put pieces of skirt steak (or chicken) and pour in marinade.
5) Allow steak to marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator.
7) Lay steaks directly onto hot coals for 1 minute per side. If using chicken, allow for 4-5 minutes on each side depending on thickness.
8) When finished cooking, place meat in double thickness of aluminum foil, wrap, and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
9) Remove meat from foil, reserving foil and juices.
10) Slice thinly across the grain of the meat.
11) Return to foil pouch and toss with juice.
Serve with grilled peppers and onions, if desired.
Let me know how you like it!