Today marks the official first birthday of my sweet baby boy!
It seems like we’ve been celebrating this day for a month now, but it’s finally here!
Of course, he hasn’t a clue what’s going on;
only that he’s getting to eat sweets for the first time,
getting cake shoved in his face,
and is having all these people coming up to him smiling and he’s not sure why.
So . . . that’s it.
I’m officially the parent of a 1 year old toddler.
My Little Man is actually now a little man.
How he’s growing:
- There’s still just 8 teeth, but I’m convinced either his molars or K-9’s will be in anyday.
- He still takes 2 2-3 hour naps; however, we’re going to have to work on getting him down to 1 afternoon nap for when he starts MDO at Rainbow this fall. Any advice?
- He’s officially done with the baby food. He eats whatever we have on our plates, and prefers that we feed him with our utensils. This is harder on mommy trying to come up with 3 meals a day!
- He started on cow’s milk this week and doesn’t seem to have any trouble! The next step will be eliminating the milk/formula right before naps and bedtime, and of course, eliminating the bottles all together. (Let the torture begin!)
- He can walk/run, and can stand from a sitting position on his own when he’s balanced just right.
- He still loves Baby Einstein and Baby Signing Time. We’re attempting to introduce toddler shows so we can entertain him on our flights to/from Hawaii this fall, but all efforts have failed.
- He knows what the bath is! All you have to do is say, “Mark. Are you ready for a bath?” And he’ll stop what he’s doing, and run to the bathroom shouting “batd, batd” all the way.
- He loves “The Wheels on the Bus.” If you ever see him turning his arms, that’s what he’s doing!
- His new favorite face is a monster face. He squishes up his nose and looks like he’s about to growl! He’ll chance us around the house with this face trying to scare us.
I can’t wait to see what the next year holds, and feel so blessed to have him in my life!
The Lord knows he’s changed us for the better!